Scroll Down .or . Home
Before second fire (pre - 1902) that destroyed the Commercial District. It was located across from the south common on Route 10, in Haverhill Corner; note several hitching posts.
Dear Haverhill Residents,
Mary E. Hicks
Congregational Church built in1827; Note the shed or horse stalls in back; Thereafter there was a small firehouse building in that location; It was not used after the late 40's.
Exchange Hotle/Smith's Hotel/Hotel Merril located across the north common from Haverhill Academy. It was destroyed by fire of 1902.
One of the bridges over the Oliverian Brook in Haverhill for Route 10 traffic; Taken sometimes prior to 1938 when the present concrete bridge was built.